Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Lunch at the K-town: Sampo Korean BBQ Restaurant

Tanjong Pagar is known to be a place where there are many Korean restaurants around so it's an easy thing to find something decent and authentic enough if you are craving for some K-food. This is located at the Peck Seah Street Heritage Court just 5 minutes away from the MRT station and is usually packed during lunchtime. I try to go there after 1pm to avoid the crowd so that I won't have to queue up or share tables with others.

Anyway, back to the food here. Sampo serves a standard 6-piece banchan which changes depending on the day you come. Portions aren't big but you can ask for refills if you need. During my latest visit, I got the pork bulgogi lunch set and a pajeon (Korean seafood and spring onion pancake) to share so it was definitely a meal which satisfied my taste buds and made me full. Lunch set prices are generally on the low side so that's probably why it attracts the people working in the area. At dinnertime, if you are looking for Korean BBQ at your table, the prices will be slightly higher. I have never eaten here before at night so I have no idea how different the spread may be or if the taste differs. From what I observed during lunchtime, most people get the lunch sets which can be BBQ meat, soup or noodles so I guess the night crowd would probably order mainly BBQ meat with drinks to round up a hard day at work. And it does look like this place is serious about their meat because some of the better cuts can really leave a dent in your pocket. ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment