Sunday, March 3, 2013

Matsuyama Kenichi's first book - Haisha and other book updates

Finally got Matsuyama Kenichi's book "Haisha"! ^__^ Considering that it was released on 28 February and I got it just 2 days later at Kinokuniya, I must say that this was a shorter wait than I had initially expected. It was a process which I must say was full of twists and turns though because I had checked the Kinokuniya site since the release date but it kept saying that the book wasn't in stock. Even up to last night when I was checking the site, the status remained the same. With just 30 minutes left to the bookstore's closing time, I rushed down to Kinokuniya to try my luck but there were no staff members at the Japanese book counter then. Had to wait another 5 minutes for someone to come back and search the system. Thankfully, the Japanese lady there was extremely helpful and found that this is a new book which only came in on late Friday night before showing me to the correct place to find it. She even recommended that I take a look at two other titles which also came in at the same time i.e. Hotei Tomoyasu's book and Kato Shigeaki's 2nd novel "Senkou Scramble". Not exactly interested in Hotei's book though but did flip through Kato's book which seemed quite interesting. May consider getting it another time though. For those who are interested in buying the novel of "Platina Data" and a fan of Ninomiya Kazunari, you should probably get the latest version which has Ninomiya featured on the packaging. My version was bought last year with Ninomiya and Toyokawa Etsushi's names mentioned on the cover as leads of the movie version so too bad that their photos were not featured on the version I had.

3 comments:

  1. aahh! u bought it! i hope u would write a review of that book! i want to buy but i cnat read japanese ><
    i'm whida, who ask u to translated Matsuken's article few days ago on twitter XDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I just couldn't resist the temptation to read what Matsuken had to say about his work and private life. I happened to see a TV clip about his book and there was this comment about how open Matsuken was about his thoughts and private life. Just by reading a couple of pages, I also have the same feeling because these are things which you usually don't expect a celebrity to talk about openly. That's why I think this book is very interesting to read. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! Please tell us what its about! Too bad is not in English.

      Delete